Karma 579
Acceptance 675
Reading Access 40
Registered 17-2-2018
Status Offline
Post at 4-10-2021 15:37  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Pattaya at Present

Rambling post alert... trying to give an update during a short down period... apologies in advance

Way behind on doing any reports from the last month or so on the BKK and Pattaya scene, but will try and do a dig out soon on any fun times. Pretty busy these days with me finally getting my vaccine a few months back and being able to enjoy some of the more beautiful aspects of Thailand that I couldn’t based on my own decision to hold off until vaccinated. Bad for my writing skills, but good in almost every other aspect. I've been fortunate to have made some good choices that have kept me busy, so a good trade-off, even as I forget how to write…

How’s Pattaya? First, this is my first ever visit and I have no baseline to compare how it is today vs. how it normally is. I was pretty surprised at they magnitude of options that must exist during normal times. I expected something along the lines of Nana, Soi Cowboy, Patong … but not a whole city center with street after street of establishments set up primarily for one reason. It makes a pretty strong first impression. For those that have been here, you know. For those that haven’t, it’s a sight to see. The Youtube videos are great introduction and all, but fail to give the magnitude of options. At least in my opinion.

What I’m unsure of is whether it seems bigger at present due to everything being empty and your eyes being able to wander down the empty streets and see virtually every establish on that street … or if people packing the streets would make it appear even bigger. I’ll be in Thailand for the foreseeable future, I should hopefully be able to do the comparison for myself.

I’ve been here in Pattaya for a bit over a week and will stick around a few more days. How are things? In reality, they are pretty dead. Most everything is still shut. Walking Street has nothing (and from what I can gather, nothing really even in secret … maybe a few that are really on the down low, but not that I could tell). Massage parlors are mostly open and the girls want business badly. Beach Road is pretty quiet and the streets running off Beach Road are the same – a smattering of activity, but not too much. Jomtien is picking up and there are options there. I’m staying in Central and Tree Town is THE gather spot. Beer is readily available and served without question or care of getting busted. All of the food stands in Tree Town are making the vast majority of their money from beer sales from my observation. Large carboard cups, but not hidden in any way at all. People walking down the streets with bottles. I drank enough over a ten-year period in my teens and twenties for a village of human livers, so while I’ll have an occasional social drink don’t really need alcohol any longer. Given that and the fact I don’t want to run the risk of being made an example of, I haven’t partaken in drinking in public … but it’s inescapable and each table I’ve sat it with other people has been loaded up with beer. If the cops wanted to make a scene, I guess I’d be guilty by proximity. 80 baht for a large cup seems to be the going rate. Similar to my note above in regards to magnitude, I was also caught off guard by the % of freelancers in both Jomtien and Tree Town that are LB. There are more LB than born female at many times. Most are very obvious, but there are a handful that even without a drop of alcohol in my body I couldn’t tell. Almost had a close call … 150cm, 40kg, perfect proportions for a girl that size, none of the red flags you associate with LB, no deep voice, adam’s apple, etc, etc, etc. Luckily, even though I was sure she was born female, I asked and luckily got an honest answer (more on this below). Surprise avoided. It’s not as obvious to spot as you might think if you have never been here. I would have never guessed with that specific one and I talked to a few guys who said just a few nights earlier, they were arguing over which one was going to take her home and had no idea either. Made me feel a little better…

A handful of bars have started opening and now that live music is okay, noise pollution is picking up as people become more comfortable being out and about. While I’ve only been here a little over a week, things have noticeable changed in that time. The last couple of days especially. Beach Road and Jomtien much more heavily populated, but that may be because of the weekend … will have to see how it is the next few nights. Construction has really spiked in the last couple of days. Every street has at least a few bars, etc. being renovated and being fixed up so they are ready to go. The non-stop hammering, drilling, sanding, etc. noise sucks, but the excitement for what it likely means is noticeable. Many of the girls of the mindset that it might open, but will be dead until early next year. They are excited it is going to change, but still down on things.

Options for meeting are plenty. For me personally, I think this might be the perfect time to be here. I left my partying, bar hopping days behind when I stopped drinking heavily and don’t especially like sitting in bars if not drinking … but right now, that isn’t really needed with the Tree Town/Jomtien scenes taking the place of the clubs and bars. Many “Where You Going …” and “Bai Nai” introductions to be heard in those areas in the absence of bars. I’m sure there are other areas like that, but those are the two I’ve frequented. It’s an interesting dynamic at this point, as Thai Friendly is also still heavily used as the tool of introduction, even when sitting down at Tree Town or Jomtien. A lot of people mingling, but still on their phones, using TF as the backup plan. I’ve been offered the range of services on TF … “we’ll open the bar if you want to come meet the lady and go upstairs”, “come to my massage shop and we’ll go upstairs”, “come to my massage shop and take me back to your condo”, ST, LT, LLT, real non P4P … you want it, TF is the Lazada of sex here now. Sit down at Tree Town; if someone trips your trigger, great; if not, shoot off a few notes, walk home and she’ll be there in minutes. No bar fines, no lady drinks, etc. Just be careful, because the post-op LB’s are not being honest on TF. They seem to be honest if you meet them in person, but I’ve had 3 known post-op LB’s tell me on TF they are born female. Shitty practice. With the photoshopping, you have almost no way of knowing ahead of time. If you like tall girls, it makes it tough as that is one of the only real things that I see the profiles being honest about. Age – nope. Weight – not always. Gender – not always. Height – usually truthful. Sucks for the actual born female taller girls. I met with a couple and they said every guy that reaches out to them goes over-board on screening for LB. Again, sucks they are trying to deceive on that.

Lodging prices aren’t as good as I would have thought, but are still good. In BKK, I can get a good room at highly regarded hotels for 400-450 THB without an issue. Couldn’t find anything along those lines here. Monthly rentals are still at good prices, but the agents have told me they are getting a lot of inquiries for November, so I expect prices will jump at least 50% in the next month and maybe as much as double. I wasn’t planning on this, as I already have a condo in BKK that I locked in for a year, but I think I’m going to grab a condo for a month down here starting in a few weeks. The atmosphere here is more my thing and I think in the coming month, Pattaya is going to hit the right balance for me – a little bit of the party scene, but not the full-on party scene. Still peaceful and not over-crowded, but yet with options. There are actually enough options now, but a few more will make it better. So, I guess I’ll go a month having rented two condos. With prices being ~50% off in both cities, I’ll justify it to myself that way. Considering breaking the BKK lease and making it permanent, but the cost penalty for that is more than I want.

I’m sure I forgot some points … and this is a rambling post as I try to pound it out before heading out … but I can add anything I think of later on. Feel free to ask question – may be a delayed response, but will do my best.

My last note is that right now, it’s really a great time to get extra perks because everyone is bored. Be nice to the girl and she’ll pay it back. Even more-so, if you are genuinely nice (as opposed to just transparently nice for brownie points) and the sky is the limit, I think. That’s likely always the case to some extent, but now the girls have a lot of free time and would rather spend it with people they like to get along with – a win for both sides. I’m a very curious type and like to ask questions and hear the stories – which I’m finding is a excellent trait to have right now. They have lots of free time, many of their friends are gone, low number of customers, lower number of customers they like to spend time with … it all adds up to good things. I’ve not been here long, but have had two girls that I did ST with just stay the night for no extra cost because they wanted company. Another girl that I did pay for LT with up front texted me a few days later and said she was taking the day off and wanted to take me to Koh Larn to just hang out with a friend. No charge, no expectations, etc. She was cool about it all, didn’t play any games or have ulterior motives. I was waiting for the request to buy something, but it never came. Nice girl that I'll be sure to see again. The non-P4P women are also bored and have limited dating options. Hadn’t planned on giving that a try, but the reward for a little time investment is worth it. Probably not if you’re just here for a week, as there can be a little time investment (depending on the girl). It also gave me a chance to witness first hand the dynamic of a date and how money works on a Thai date, even if just friends. Walk into a 7-11 and things magically pop into your shopping basket, even 15 minutes after you meet a girl for the first time. I had read and knew it was coming, but still funny to witness for the first time. Luckily, the one I saw wasn’t the gold digger type and my basket didn't have anything expensive added to it.

Bottom line – it’s a weird scene now, but one that plays into my interests and approach. It’s probably not for everyone, given the lack of bars, clubs, etc. but for those that don’t find that as important, it’s a good time. I’m excited to (likely) spend a month down here and see real world evolution as the scene starts to ramp back up but with prices still deflated. Personally from what I can see, I think many things will open up pretty quickly but customers will come back at a slower pace. I'm guess that means the establishments will have to open in waves because there just won't be enough customers for everything to open at once. The popular ones are ready to go and will probably lead the way. Could be wrong, but that is the feeling I get.

[ Last edited by  jk45_89 at 4-10-2021 16:22 ]

Recent Ratings
alex_french   6-10-2021 14:58  Acceptance  +5   Thanks for update
austin821   5-10-2021 13:14  Acceptance  +6   
Skepti10   5-10-2021 12:49  Acceptance  +8   Thanks
livinginhk   5-10-2021 12:40  Acceptance  +2   For the uninitiated, what is TF?
anabikumi   5-10-2021 11:56  Acceptance  +3   Thanks for the update
godisdead   5-10-2021 11:18  Acceptance  +8   Excellent reporting.
obe   5-10-2021 09:33  Acceptance  +10   
JackTheBat   4-10-2021 17:26  Acceptance  +10   Very interesting, tell us more. Go into detail, we're all friends here!
porkchops   4-10-2021 16:32  Acceptance  +20   Interesting and insightful, thanks!
jk45_89
Lustful Lord

UID 230958
Digest Posts 0
Credits 613
Posts 59
Karma 579
Acceptance 675
Reading Access 40
Registered 17-2-2018
Status Offline
Post at 4-10-2021 18:18  Profile P.M. 
Friends are great, but priority now is to enjoy the remaining time, not sit at laptop in condo.

Time flies, so probably no details for awhile. Can donate to the cause ...wires transfers accepted

[ Last edited by  jk45_89 at 4-10-2021 18:21 ]
jk45_89
Lustful Lord

UID 230958
Digest Posts 0
Credits 613
Posts 59
Karma 579
Acceptance 675
Reading Access 40
Registered 17-2-2018
Status Offline
Post at 6-10-2021 14:14  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
For the uninitiated, what is TF?

TF = Thai Friendly, a dating app here that is heavily used by freelancers. In Bangkok, there is a decent mix of people just looking to date and freelancers. In Pattaya, the vast majority of profiles are freelance. A few looking for dates, but not many ... and from what I've observed, even many of those are freelancers doing the slow play thing and looking for their whale.