Karma 824
Acceptance 191
Reading Access 40
Registered 19-4-2012
Status Offline
Post at 11-7-2012 16:26  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Newcastle vs Glasgow

I will be doing a one year course (probably next year), but I have to choose a college now. I have two choices -

1) South Tyneside College - In Newcastle
2) City of Glasgow College (Nautical Studies) - In Glasgow

I have never been to any of the above two cities. So I am totally confused about which one to select.

Most of you here won't know about the colleges. But if you do, please tell me which one is better.

But most importantly, can anyone please tell me about both the cities? Which one is better to live? And which one is better in terms of cost of living, nightlife, etc.
Petay_1283
Fucking Legend

UID 46298
Digest Posts 0
Credits 11574
Posts 3139
Karma 11375
Acceptance 3975
Reading Access 100
Registered 9-6-2010
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 11-7-2012 22:36  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 SexNavigator's post

I had friends go to South Tyneside & they thought it was OK. Plus it has a pretty decent night life too.

Newcastle is a good city, I used to visit it a lot when I had friends at University there. It also has loads of concerts & famous bands there frequently.

I cannot compare it to Glasgow as I have never been, just trying to give you a hindsight of the area.

You are not far away from other cities too, only a couple of hours on the bus or train. If you would like to know anything else about the area, just ask.

Recent Ratings
SexNavigator   12-7-2012 22:37  Karma  +1   Thanks!!

'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.'
reventon
Musky Member

UID 22472
Digest Posts 0
Credits 198
Posts 98
Karma 196
Acceptance 39
Reading Access 20
Registered 25-3-2009
Status Offline
Post at 12-7-2012 00:11  Profile P.M. 

Newcastle is in England, the language is northern english. Which to most is easily communicable and understandable.
Whereas in Glasgow, their scottish ascent is pure scottish (If these are the only choices). Its just like trying to listen to a Irishman talking.
Go to youtube and search 'Terry Wogan' he is irish, you'll get an idea of how scottish speaks as well.

I recommend 1st choice, Newcastle, then Glasgow in this order. As I'm from Sheffield, which I tend to visit Manchester, Leeds regularly in my teen times while studying.

Recent Ratings
SexNavigator   12-7-2012 22:38  Karma  +1   Thanks!!
reventon
Musky Member

UID 22472
Digest Posts 0
Credits 198
Posts 98
Karma 196
Acceptance 39
Reading Access 20
Registered 25-3-2009
Status Offline
Post at 13-7-2012 08:19  Profile P.M. 

SexNatvigator,

Try this youtube link and you'll tell the difference in the scottish and british accent.
It just made me laugh and brings me back to the young days when a scottish girl joined the class mid year and noobodie could
uundastan err.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mALkCGVA2BU
reventon
Musky Member

UID 22472
Digest Posts 0
Credits 198
Posts 98
Karma 196
Acceptance 39
Reading Access 20
Registered 25-3-2009
Status Offline
Post at 13-7-2012 08:20  Profile P.M. 

SexNatvigator,

Try this youtube link and you'll tell the difference in the scottish and british accent.
It just made me laugh and brings me back to the young days when a scottish girl joined the class mid year and noobodie could
uundastan err.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mALkCGVA2BU